Recipe: Summer Grilled Salmon
Summer Grilled Salmon
This might just be the PERFECT summer salmon recipe. Super simple to prepare and presented on a bed of chopped savoy cabbage and orzo pasta, topped with a creamy pesto sauce. Enjoy!
- Two 5-6oz salmon fillets (bones removed)
- 4.5oz raw pine nuts
- 3.5oz manchego cheese
- 3.5oz parmesan cheese
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6oz virgin olive oil, divided into two 3oz portions
- 3 large bunches of fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 16oz dried orzo pasta
- Half of a head of savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2013 Bella Vida J. Christopher Pinot Noir*
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring your selected wine to room temperature, pour 4oz into a glass and let it sit to open up.
- Heat up your BBQ for the salmon. While it's heating up, prepare the pesto.
- Put the pine nuts, manchego cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, and half of your olive oil into a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
- Add your fresh basil to the mix and pulse until combined well (don't over-process!)
- Cook your orzo pasta as directed on package to achieve al dente results.
- Season your salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then grill for 2-3 mins per side.
- Remove the salmon from the BBQ and let it rest for 10 mins. While your salmon is resting, prepare your cabbage and orzo pasta.
- Add your heavy whipping cream to a saute pan and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in your chopped cabbage to coat with the cream. Cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in your cooked orzo pasta, along with 2-3 heaping tablespoons of your fresh pesto.
- Assemble your plate by spooning a portion of the orzo pasta and cabbage onto a plate. Gently place a salmon fillet on top, then drizzle a spoonful of your fresh pesto on top of the salmon. Sit back with your Bella Vida Pinot Noir, and dig in!